SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION BEFORE AND AFTER CARE
Every client’s skin responds differently to SMP procedures, and this information acts as a guideline only.
The week before your first session:
- Moisturise your scalp to ensure it is in the best condition.
- Remove hair system to get fresh air to the scalp.
On the day of your treatment:
- Wash hair to remove any hair fibres, hair thickening spray, gels, or moisturiser.
- Shave your head with clippers or electric head shaver.
- Under no circumstances should you touch, pick at, or disturb your scalp.
- You must wait 3 days before washing or touching the scalp after a treatment.
- Prevent your body from sweating by resting during this time. Do not exercise, sit in the sun, or do any other activity that may cause you to sweat.
- By the 4th day, you can use water to rinse your scalp. Do not use any shampoo or other soaps to clean the area.
- If you are planning on having another treatment, begin moisturizing the scalp at this time.
- After 7 days, you can clean the treated area. We recommend washing the scalp with a gentle facial cleanser.
- During the first 30 days, it is critical that you avoid exposure to UV rays, intense sweating, or any damage to the scalp while your micropigmentation sets.
- Continue to avoid direct exposure to intense sunlight and protect yourself from UV rays. This will help the treatment from “fading” and will give you better results for a longer period of time.
- Use a quality non-greasy sunscreen.
- Do not use products that contain alcohol as a quick drying agent. Specifically, look out for SD alcohol, denatured alcohol, or isopropyl alcohol high on the list of ingredients.
- Always moisturize your scalp at least once every day.
- Remove dead skin cells by using an exfoliating cleanser to keep your scalp looking great.